Our thoughts and prayers are with all who have been affected by Harvey.
Now, many who struggle with Alzheimer’s every day, are also dealing with the impact of this storm.
During times of chaos and emotional trauma, people with cognitive issues and/or memory loss are especially vulnerable and may become more confused and agitated. They may not understand what is happening or they may forget why their surroundings have changed. Older individuals who have been displaced may exhibit confusion and agitation for the first time. Caregivers may also be feeling the effects of stress during this time. We have compiled the following list of resources for individuals and caregivers in the aftermath of Harvey.
Post Harvey Dementia Related Resources:
- Hurricane Harvey Dementia Q&A for Individuals and Caregivers >>
- Houston & Southeast Texas Facility Availability >>
- Houston & Southeast Texas Alzheimer’s Association Partners >>
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Caregiver Center >>
- Community Resource Finder >>
For support assisting someone with cognitive and memory issues or for caregiver support, we are just a phone call away. Call 800.272.3900 for 24/7 support in over 200 languages.