Unpaid Non-Profit Internship, Houston, TX
The Alzheimer’s Association Houston & Southeast Texas Chapter is seeking an enthusiastic, ready and willing Marketing and Communications Intern to assist with social media calendars, campaigns and outreach. Join our Communications Team and be responsible for assisting in the creation and implementation of marketing strategies to help increase awareness about the Alzheimer’s Association.
Candidate must be able to complete the internship (15-20 hours per week)
- Establish relationships with PR professionals, media contacts and other community influencers.
- Learn to write successful press releases and media pitches for upcoming events, support services and community stories.
- Support Marketing Team with branding and messaging to increase followers on social media platforms and advise communication best practices within identified populations.
- Track social and web analytics for improved messaging.
- Create and implement an email system for use in pitches to identified media outlets.
- Assist in print and online communication projects including copy-writing, editing and promotion.
- Find and enter educational workshops, support groups and events on community and news websites and calendars.
- Other Marketing / Communication projects as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Student must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university in the fields of communication, nonprofit management, business, marketing or related field.
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented, ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent ability to communicate in person, print, and electronically to variable audiences
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style
- Willing to do public speaking (will be coached)
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel) and Google Apps
- Experience with Adobe Suite a plus
- Experience with Photography and Videography a plus
- Desire to learn more about a culture of philanthropy