The End of Alzheimer’s Starts with YOU!
Are you looking for an easy, fun and rewarding way to volunteer and support your Walk to End Alzheimer’s? Held annually in more than 600 communities nationwide, Walk to End Alzheimer???s is the world???s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer???s care, support and research. Each #walk2EndAlz is led by a committee of volunteers that helps organize and run these essential fundraising and awareness promoting events.
We are looking for committee members just like you!
- Passionate about the benefits of service and volunteering
- Representatives of the Houston & Southeast Texas Alzheimer’s Association community
- Willing and able to be an advocate for the benefits of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s to potential walkers and community partners
What we ask of you
- Choose one of our 12 walks to participate in see them all at alztex.org/walk
- College Station
- Northwest Houston (Spring)
- Sugar Land
- The Woodlands
- Join the committee and choose a subcommittee that best fits your skills and interests: Team Recruitment, Team Retention, Sponsorship, Marketing and Outreach, Event Experience.
- Attend the Committee Orientation to receive training on the basics of Alzheimer???s disease, learn about Association programs and services, and receive an introduction to the Walk event model. Tentative Date: Saturday, February 25, 2017 from 9am ??? 2pm
- Participate in committee meetings
- Start or join a Walk to End Alzheimer???s team at alz.org/walk, raise awareness and funds, and join us on Walk day to help us create an exceptional day-of-event experience for our participants.
2016 Walk to End Alzheimer???s?? accomplishments
- The events raised $1.63 MIL representing growth over 2015
- The events attracted over 10,800 walkers again representing growth over 2015
- Recruit 1,420 teams to raise $1.88 MIL to advance the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer???s Association??.
- Expand the Planning Committee to reach additional members of the community who are looking for meaningful volunteer opportunities.
- Increase the size and scope of each subcommittee so more can be accomplished throughout the year.
Ready to join the Planning Committee? Join Us – Together, we CAN #ENDALZ!
Contact: Amanda Duke Walmer | firstname.lastname@example.org | 713-314-1313