In Texas, an estimated 360,000 people suffer from Alzheimer’s disease according to the Alzheimer’s Association 2017 Facts & Figures Report. There is no cure, but good communication and collaboration between providers helps those who have Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia maintain a higher quality of life.
Professionals, caregivers and others affected by dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease are invited to attend the Alzheimer’s Association Beaumont Dementia Conference on June 16.
The conference is a joint venture of CHRISTUS Southeast Texas and the Alzheimer’s Association Houston & Southeast Texas Chapter.
It will be held at the CHRISTUS Hospital St. Elizabeth & St. Mary Outpatient Pavilion in Conference Room III located at 755 N 11th Street | Beaumont, TX 77702
Topics will include Alzheimer’s disease vs. dementia, working with cognitively impaired patients, and conversations & coping for caregivers with 3.0 CEUs for nurses and social workers available.
The focus of the conference is to bring together the community and professionals to help work together to address issues facing those with dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Friday, June 16, 2017: 7:30am – 12:30pm
St. Elizabeth & St. Mary Outpatient Pavilion
Conference Room III
755 N 11th Street | Beaumont, TX 77702
Alzheimer’s Disease versus Dementia
- Define dementia and it’s symptoms
- Discuss types of dementia
- Identify the relationship between Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Describe the progression of Alzheimer’s disease
Working with Cognitively Impaired Patients
- Define common issues for persons with dementia and their caregivers
- Describe techniques for communication with persons with dementia
- Recognize methods for managing difficult behaviors of persons with dementia
- Identify community resources for caregivers and persons with dementia
Conversations & Coping for Caregivers
- Assess caregiver stress
3.0 CEUs AVAILABLE
CEUs for nurses and social workers will be provided.
For more information, contact Lindsay Ramey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 409.833.1613