Unpaid Non-Profit Internship, Houston, TX
The Alzheimer’s Association Houston & Southeast Texas Chapter is seeking an enthusiastic, ready and willing Marketing and Communications Intern to assist with social media calendars, campaigns and outreach. Join with our Communications Team and be responsible for assisting in the creation and implementation of marketing strategies to help increase awareness about the Alzheimer’s Association.
Candidate must be able to complete the internship (15-20 hours per week)
- Be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university in the fields of communication, nonprofit management, business, marketing or related field
- Be outgoing, easily establish relationships
- Have strong knowledge of social media platforms
- Desire to learn about tracking and analyzing web/social data
- Familiarity with MailChimp a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills ??? knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite a plus
- Familiarity with photography and video a plus
Essential Job Functions
- Use Alzheimer’s Association branding and messaging to increase followers on social media platforms and advise Communications Team on best practices.
- Track social and web analytics to improve online communications and show successes.
- Under the direction of the Communications Team, craft/curate weekly social media content.
- Create and implement email campaigns for events, fundraising and advocacy through Constant Contacts & MailChimp
- Craft press releases for upcoming events.
- Assist with print and online communication projects including copy-writing, editing and design.
- Assist with social media outreach during events when/if possible.
- Assists the Communications Team and the Programs & Services Team in implementing marketing strategies for programs and services.
- Find and enter education workshops, support groups and events on community and news websites and calendars.
- Other communications projects as needed